Did you know that January was named for the Roman god Janus, recognized as the protector of gates and doorways who symbolizes beginnings and endings?
Ohhhh, so that's probably why we're all looking back on what we have accomplished in the months up until now and are all about new goals, new motivation, new priorities in the months ahead.
But we should also keep in mind that January could be the month to slow down, relax, and give ourselves the self-care we need...
And an easy way to take care of what your body and mind need the most is to make sure you're getting a good sleep!
Here are some tips that can help you improve your sleep:
- Practice good sleep hygiene and a consistent sleep routine. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time.
- If you don't fall asleep within about 20 minutes, leave your bedroom and do something relaxing. Reading, doing breathing exercises such as the 4-7-8 technique, or listening to soothing music can work wonders. Then, go back to bed when you're tired.
- Try to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep each night.
- Spend some time outside and include a physical activity in your daily routine.
- Try to set aside your worries and concerns until tomorrow. Stress management techniques such as getting organized, delegating tasks when possible, and practicing meditation may help you.
- Eliminate screen time at least 30 mins. before bedtime. And YES, that means no phone before bed ;)
Do not underestimate the power of the right bedding!
Bedding, made of breathable and premium materials, can be a sleep game changer. That's one of the many reasons why we have carried Mulberry Silk Bedding for well over 10 years. Silk is an ancient fabric first produced in China during the last stage of the Stone Age and in modern times is still considered to be the epitome of luxury. This natural fibre has improved the quality of sleep for so many people...
Well, silk is naturally hypoallergenic so is amazing to have when you suffer from allergies.
It also has thermal control properties and will help your body achieve the right temperature while you're sleeping. Whether you sleep alone or with your partner, your body won't overheat and yet will stay warm during colder nights. This makes silk bedding perfect for partners that sleep best when their temperature is just right for themselves individually (PS - it also works wonders for those suffering from hot flashes - yes, we're referring to menopause symptoms).
With Mulberry silk, you can enjoy unparalleled comfort thanks to its softness and lightness. It's breathable bedding wrapped in high-quality soft cotton. We like to think of our duvets as your own personal cocoon.
Truly, nothing beats sleeping in a cocoon of Mulberry Silk.
WITH PROMO CODE: SLEEPSILK20.
Simply enter this code during the checkout process and save...