This gluten free and keto friendly recipe is great to bring to gatherings or to have for any meal. We like to have this as a breakfast dish but it can be shared at any time of day.
Also check out our Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread recipe that pairs wonderfully with this marinara sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 28oz / 795g crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme (dry or fresh)
- 1 tbsp chopped basil (dry or fresh)
- 1 large Zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pot on medium to high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until translucent then add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and thyme and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and stir occasionally for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the basil, let rest for 5 minutes, then place in serving dish.
- Spiralize large zucchini using a spiralizer veggie slicer.
- Place Spiralized zucchini noodles into a strainer in the sink and sprinkle with ½ tsp of salt and toss.
- Squeeze liquid out of the zoodles with paper towel and create 4 next shapes with zoodles in air fryer basket. Make 2–3-inch wells in the center of the nests and carefully crack 4 eggs and add one to each nest.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, remaining salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and air fry on 400˚F/205˚C for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, let sit for 5 minutes, and place on serving dish.
- Serve Zoodle Nests and Marinara sauce together and enjoy!